Friday, June 15, 2007

Shorts... and Softs!

Yay! I finally got both shorts and softs right in the same lesson!

Husband was supposed to go flying yesterday, but declined because of the low hanging clouds (he wanted to do maneuvers). So I ended up taking his spot with M. I'm really glad I did. The huge gray clouds hovered all around the airport the whole lesson-- but we only got rained on a tiny bit... and I think I may have made it past my plateau. So rewarding!

I just have to keep reminding myself: the airplane will keep descending at a nice, even rate, even if it is nose-high. I keep subconsciously thinking that if I get the nose too high, I'll either climb or fall out of the sky with no in between. Once I realized what was going on, my landings miraculously improved. And once I figured out that I was accidentally giving a little kick to the rudder with my left foot as I flared, they got even better!

Hopefully, the work will pay off and when M and I go over the last of the maneuvers tomorrow, my landings will stay nice!

No comments: